Monday, April 18, 2011

100 things, to do part 2

I wrote Part 1 (1-50) of my list of 100 things I want to do in my life back in February, but I went through, edited them a bit, and have now added the second 50. Here is the full list.

1. Go hiking/camping in the Grand Canyon.
2. Live to see my children and grand-children get married and love everyone of them.
3. Play the role of Louisa in the Fantastiks.
4. Live by the ocean, at least for a little while.
5. Keep journals all my life.
6. Apply and possibly audition for Julliard.
7. See the tulip fields in Holland.
8. Do a really really perfect surprise for someone.
9. Write a poem for a birthday present and read it aloud to them.
10. Have an adventure in a foreign country with my dearest friends that we will laugh about forever.
11. Go hiking in the Alps.
12. Kiss a complete stranger because they're that cute.
13. Go to the west coast and spend time in Oregon, Washington, and California to see if I like it over there.
14. See Radiohead in concert.
15. Write songs that I'm proud of and that mean something, even if it's just to me.
16. Sing in Symphony Hall in Boston. Carnegie Hall would be ok too.
17. Inspire someone to do something good for the world.
18. Try on a girl for size, just to see what it's like.
19.Travel around Alaska and see part of the Iditarod Race.
20. Go to a Viennese ball and dance until the closing waltz at 5 AM.
21. Have children and teach them to see the beauty in the world and inside of everyone (even smelly people).
22. Go to music school.
23. Learn to speak Spanish.
24. Paint pictures of the people I love (or do sketches).
25. Read all of the books on my list, starting with everything by Jane Austen.
26. travel around Australia and meet wild animals in the jungle
27.get a tattoo.
28. be vegetarian for a year or two.
29. Send old friends hand-made cards to keep in touch.
30. learn to cook like my grandmother (not sure if this is achievable)
31. scuba dive.
32. Invite all of the Tupelos I know to my wedding, and be invited to theirs.
33. Get a really nice camera and learn to use it.
34. Have incredible musical experiences that remind me life is real and God is here.
35.take a leap of faith
36. work as a missionary
37. Find the man God has for me, who will ask me a question I should say yes to.
38. Perform my father's music.
39. Go to Israel and see Jersusalem, Nazareth, all of the places where Jesus was.
40. Ask someone I've deeply hurt for forgiveness.
41. Go swimming in the Dead Sea.
42. Let myself go on a real mall shopping spree once.
43. Record music with my family and friends.
44. *Try* to raise my children to be multi-lingual.
45. Hike the Appalachian Trail one summer.
46. Adopt a child I fall in love with to become a part of my family.
47. Spend time volunteering on organic farms. maybe a whole summer.
48.travel all through India and southeast Asia, spending time with beautiful people.

49. hike all around peru and see all of the ancient ruins (once I can speak decent Spanish)!
50. do the great American road trip one summer---with my family---in a camper
51. walk along the Great Wall of China maybe singing songs from Mulan if I can't control myself. and saying "the Huns are coming! the Huns are coming!"
52. climb up the Mont Blanc (have to do a lot of hiking before this one is possible)
53. see the "green flash" in Florida
54. swim with dolphins.
55. do a bike trip longer than 1000 km (again, need to do a lot more biking before this one is possible)
56. Read the entire Bible in English, French, and German
57. memorize Song of Songs (in three languages and decide which is the prettiest)
58. go through all of Julia Child's recipes (but it can take more than a year ;)
59. publish a few books of poetry/memoirs/funny things
60. Be able to slalom water-ski like Nancy Bolz
61. read every anthology of e.e. cummings poetry
62. Arrange my own versions of songs/pieces and see them performed in all different venues
63. walk across the Golden Gate Bridge
64. drink Lone Star in Texas
65. go to the jazz festival in Montreal
66. put my feet in the Mediterranean
67. visit the Grecian isles and sail in the Mediterranean
68. win one of those radio-show give aways
69. lead church youth groups on missions trips to different countries to do construction, work with children, or do medical work/relief work
70. volunteer with teens (anywhere) in a church or school or arts programs
71. make my own clothes, or clothes for my kids. or my future nieces, nephews.
72. wait and save up for a car that I actually want.....something little, German, and speedy
73. spend a summer speaking only french (could be at Middlebury College....or in France)
74. go skiing with my brothers in Wyoming and surfing with them in California
75. perform a deadly accurate, successful spike in a summer afternoon's game of volleyball
76. get a puppy who will turn into a big BIG dog and train him to go jogging with me
77. do my daughter's hair for all of their big deal things, and teach them everything I know
78. have a beautiful baby boy with long curly eyelashes (may have to keep popping them out until they're long enough, it'll be worth it)
79. never stop practicing my music and taking lessons, there is always something to learn
80. smile at strangers every day
81. learn Italian, and spend more time in the countryside there/singing in churches
82. learn Russian and sing in Russian
83. do a "cold places" trip where I start in Norway and work my way through the upper countries until I get to Saint Petersburg, and then Siberia. The entire time I am allowed to quote Tom Griffin's "The Boys Next Door" and wear ridiculous furs.
84. learn enough Portugese to sing Marisa Monte's songs and have a good time in Rio
85. learn to salsa, swing, and waltz with the man I will marry (this is compulsory)
86. study volcanoes in California and Hawaii (probably in January of 2012 with Wellesley ladies?!?)
87. attend a service at every different denomination of Christianity possible
88. color a new pair of shoes for myself or someone else every 6 months-year to always feel that I'm walking through life beautifully
89. visit vineyards in California, Italy, France, everywhere
90. see the lavender fields in Southern France and breathe in deeper than ever
91. buy Chrissy an amazing espresso/cappuccino maker for her wedding (but only if she gets me one too, like we agreed)
92. never forget the people who love me, and the support they gave me, even once they are in heaven
93. be thankful every day for the life I have, and the time I have to spend with those I love
94. master the art of tie-dye finger nails
95. learn how to make every kind of coffee possible (so far I've got American (haha), French, Italian, Austrian, and Turkish)
96. never try to stop myself from falling in love
97. share everything I have with the world (music, joy, laughter love, food, clothes, time)
98. actually practice and get better at music theory
99. always stay up to date on technological advances, no matter how old I live to be. I want to be with it.
100. leave this life content and peaceful, with the knowledge that my time here was not spent in vain and was lived to the fullest, sucking the marrow out of life

there are more things, but here are 100 of the best.
-l. bergs

No comments:

Post a Comment