Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Tupielove!!!

I FINALLY SKYPED WITH THE TUPELOS!!!!!

I can't believe this never happened last semester....all of the "Newpelos" introduced themselves (even though I already know all their names, and some last names, from stalking online....) and they sang "Accidentally in Love" for me. (which right, along with "Club Can't Handle this Baby" is my favorite).
For those of you who don't know what or who the Tupelos are, they are the a cappella group that I am a part of back home at Wellesley College. We were founded in 1948, thus making us the oldest a cappella group (and the original) at Wellesley. The Widows are technically the oldest running a cappella group, because in the 70s or something the tupelos disbanded for a year or two, but DON'T LET THAT FOOL YOU. We ARE in fact, the oldest. (this is a frequently disputed point at home....in case you couldn't tell!)
The Tupelos are probably my number one reason to go back to Wellesley to finish my senior year...then comes you know, finishing my undergrad studies and getting my diploma. I can tell you right now, tupelos rehearsals, dinners, and retreats are going to get me through next year. Work-wise it is going to be ROUGH. I am going to have to take full course loads both semesters while practicing my butt off to be read for conservatory auditions in January and February. And after the relaxing year I've had here in Vienna, with really only a few hectically busy weeks....it is going to be exhausting. 

But I generally do well with a bit too much on my plate, so I know it will be good. And really, just having the Tupelos back in my life (and me being back in there 7 days a week mwah ha ha ha) is going to be so GOOD. The black and red throbbing in my viens is dying to be back home with them.

-lab
 (tupelos forever)

No comments:

Post a Comment